Cost-Saving Plumbing Tips Even Non-Plumbers Can Use
Everyone loves saving money. Did you know you can save money in your own home as well. Follow these simple tips to lower your water bill.
"We find their service to be exact, dependable, and they have always made themselves available to help us when emergencies erupted. I would best describe best Anderson Plumbing Valley Center as being of excellent work ethics, knowledgeable and trustworthy."
-Jimmy Li, Valley Center, CA
Preventing Kitchen Drain Clogs - A clogged drain can be so frustrating; and, of course, it happens more often than we care to think about! Usually, kitchen sink drains clog because of a build-up of grease. The grease traps food particles, which eventually clogs the drain. Now, the bathroom drains are a different story. They are usually clogged by hair and soap. So, take some simple precautions to avoid this situation.
1. Don't pour grease down the kitchen sink.
2. Don't wash coffee grounds down the sink.
3. Use chemical cleaners only when necessary. Some chemicals can corrode metal pipes.
4. Clean tub and shower drain strainers that are removable.
5. Clean pop-up stoppers in the bathroom sink and the tub regularly. Lift out sink pop-ups once a week and rinse them off.
6. Every few months, remove the overflow plate on a tub and pull up the pop-up assembly to reach the spring or rocker arm. Remove accumulated hair and rinse thoroughly.
7. Keep sewer pipes from the house free of tree roots.
8. Flush the drain-waste and vent systems when you’re on the roof cleaning out your gutters. Use your hose to run water into all of the vents.